Monday, January 10, 2011

Crazy about video and VIDDIX!

VIDDIX is an online presentation application that allows dual-pane or single-pane presentations. You upload a video into one panel and then the other panel is used for graphics, links, images, and even more video. Students can take any video with subject content...kill the sound and narrate to show understanding, while adding their own information and more! Or they can shoot their own video and add web content to enhance their presentation or to further demonstrate their comprehension. Has many potential uses for both students and teachers. I could see instructional videos or even mini review videos with links to more content for students who need remediation. Just send them to the URL, at home or during lunch, or during class.
Check out the demo I made!

4 comments:

  1. Okay, this is really neat and I am rather excited to try this out and post to my class blog. I really like the dual nature of the viddix screen, and it seems really easy to use. I already have a topic in mind for it, too. Thanks for sharing this cool site. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can really see kids benefiting from this tool. Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keith- VERY COOL!
    Your sample was really neat and I could see many possibilities for using a video site like this one. Do you think it would be simple to use with younger students? Also, is the site blocked at school? I was looking for an alternative to Voice Thread to have my students narrate a picture or set of pictures that they illustrated, this might be the answer to my prayers!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I think this is a good one to use in class. I was able to get it to work in my school and I would like to have my students use from home as well. This web tool appears to be geared toward businesses but I think it has potential in educational settings as well. Paste this link to see a demo: http://www.viddix.com/learnmore.php#

    ReplyDelete