Friday, January 7, 2011

Some Solutions!

Well, since the QuickTime files have some issues when shared away from their player, it is nice to know that Jing is free and easy to use and share. I found another free site called FreeScreencast.com that offers the same advantages. It only works on the PC platform, but I thought I'd share it anyway.
Here's the LINK.

I was able to get my .mov file to work, however, by converting the file on one of my favorite sites: Zamzar. Zamzar offers free file converting, which can come in handy. Junp through a few hoops and Zamzar will email the converted file to you or you can sign up and store your converted files on their site. I have used this for converting YouTube videos so I could play them in class using the player of my choice. You just need the URL for the video and you're good to go. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Keith,
    Zamzar is an amazing web tool. I used it in a previous grad class to convert some video so I could incorporate it into a powerpoint. I found it to be easy to navigate and quite quick. I love that resources like this are out there but thanks for the reminder. Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete